How to stay safe
There are no specific medications to treat dengue, and there is no vaccine commercially available against dengue. Therefore, prevention is the most important step in the fight against dengue.
How to identify breeding grounds for the
dengue causing Aedes Aegypti mosquito
The following areas are all susceptible to infestation – leading to a risk of dengue - as they can all collect rainwater and provide a habitat for Aedes aegypti larvae.
Containers storing drinking water and other urban water like AC tray, fridge tray etc.
Plants-pot bases, water pots, flower vases
Corners of the house – like behind the curtains, under the bed, behind the almirah etc.
Water stagnation in and around
Symptoms of dengue
Dengue can be fatal. If you have any of these symptoms, you need to consult a physician immediately.
Severe joint and
(3 to 4 days
bleeding gums, or
- Pain behind
- Severe joint and
- Skin rash
(3 to 4 days after fever)
- Mild bleeding (nose
bleed, bleeding gums,
or easy bruising)
Sudden high fever
What you didn't know about dengue till now
Cases of Dengue
reported in India
- From 2006- 2012, India has seen about 6 million reported cases of dengue fever!
- A dengue infection produces a skin rash similar to measles. If in doubt, consult your doctor right away!
- There is no known cure for dengue. More than 1,000 people in India and 47,000 people worldwide have died due to dengue.
- Children are highly susceptible to DHF - Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever - a fatal complication of dengue fever. However, dengue can affect anyone and everyone.
- Dengue is spread by the bite of the female Aedes Aegypti mosquito - which also causes chikungunya and yellow fever.
- Malaria is spread by the bite of the female Anopheles mosquito
- The Aedes mosquito is usually active in the daytime, while the Anopheles mosquito is active at night.
Protecting yourself and your loved ones is now possible through your phone – thanks to the HIT Track The Bite App. It provides,
Immediate notifications about potential risk areas
Smart tips on preventing infestation and guarding yourself
*Disclaimer: Above mentioned cases are based on news reports of Dengue and Malaria across the country.
Godrej Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved